(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) After the murder of a St. Joseph woman over the weekend, questions still surrounded the history of the suspect.
However, KQ2 now has information that Hernandez-Sabastian was in the country legally. While the information of his status does not lessen the tragedy, the relevance comment has concerned some at the courthouse, including Buchanan County Presiding Commissioner Harry Roberts.
Eliseo Hernandez-Sabastian is currently sitting in the Buchanan County Jail after being charged with second degree murder.
Hernandez-Sabastian is accused of stabbing and killing 38-year-old Terra Welch Reentz and injuring another last weekend at a St. Joseph bar.
Within the last week, there has been a lot of speculation as to Hernandez-Sebastian's past including his criminal history and even his immigration status.
Buchanan County Prosecutor Dwight Scroggins has released that Hernandez-Sabastian was wanted on a warrant out of Indiana for assault with a deadly weapon. However, Scroggins was also quoted as saying that Hernandez-Sabastian's citizenship wasn't relevant to this case.
Roberts will be joining us live on KQ2 News at 6 p.m. tonight to discuss his stance on whether or not Hernandez-Sabastian's status should be relevant or not.
A Potluck and Karaoke Benefit for Reentz will be held at Legends Bar and Grill on Wednesday, February 14.
The dinner will be begin at 7 p.m. and Karaoke starts at 9 p.m.
There will be food, a raffle, a silent auction and drinks.
There is a $5 door charge.
If you would like to donate annonymously, please contact Kristy McCallan at 816-933-7450.
- Murder Suspect Confirmed to be in the Country Legally
- Santa visits Country Cookie
- Stabbing Suspect Charged with Second Degree Murder
- Murder charge filed against DWI-fatality accident suspect
- St. Joseph Country Club Honors Friend, Boggess
- St. Joseph Police Confirm ID of Shooting Victim
- Governor Greitens Confirms Affair that Occurred in 2015
- Family Members Confirm Male Victim Shot and Killed Sunday Evening
- WATCH: Confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh
- Suspect charged with murder in fatal shooting of man found dead in backyard