Photo Gallery 9 Images
(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Missouri governor Eric Greitens is making a tour across the state this week promoting his tax cut plan.
Greitens first stopped by Altec Industries to discuss with workers his plans to cut taxes for 97 percent of Missourians.
The governor is also planning on cutting the corporate tax rate across the state in order to allow businesses to invest more into their workers.
"By cutting the tax rate businesses, we're going to have the second lowest, second best corporate tax rate in the country among states that have corporate taxes and what that means that companies like Altec can hire more people, it means they can invest in their workers," Greitens said.
The governor is also proposing a plan in order to invest more funds to improve infrastructure in smaller and rural communities to help with job growth in those areas.
Later in the day, Greitens visited Rosecrans Memorial Airport to address the airmen and women of the 139th Airlift Wing. The governor even got a chance to fly a C-130 in a flight simulator.
The governor later took a flight in a real C-130, as a passenger this time, for a quick flight around the city.
- Greitens Makes a Stop in St. Joseph to Promote Tax Cut Plan
- Greitens Tours the State to Promote Tax Cut Plan
- Governor stops in St. Joseph to promote gas tax
- Local Experts Questioning Greitens Tax Cuts
- Governor Greitens to Visit St. Joseph
- Governor Greitens Attends St. Joseph Republican Event
- Kehoe visits St. Joseph to promote gas tax
- Bald Eagles Make a Stop Near St. Joseph
- St. Joseph Christmas Decorations
- St. Joseph Mayoral Debate