(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) St. Joseph police say that a Jeep Cherokee was traveling the wrong way on 3rd Street.
A silver Chrysler minivan was traveling westbound on Charles towards the entrance ramp of Interstate 229 South when the Jeep t-boned the van.
Police say that originally, they believed the driver of the Jeep was suffering a heart attack.
CPR was performed on scene and the driver became responsive.
Officers say once the driver was placed into the ambulance, he became combative.
It is still under investigation if the driver was impaired or has some kind of medical condition.
No one was injured as a result of the accident.
An elderly couple in the minivan were able to leave the scene in their vehicle.
The driver of the Jeep will receive citations, depending on the outcome of the investigation.
- Driver Becomes Combative After Traffic Accident
- Multiple Traffic Accidents Reported Around St. Joe
- Texting Driver Causes Multi-Vehicle, Injury Accident
- Lee's Summit Police Combing Through Surveillance Video in Road Rage Killing
- Police Searching for Driver Involved in Hit-and-Run Accident
- Police Investigating Rollover Accident
- Two Injured in Vehicle Accident
- Medical Emergency Causes Minor Accident
- Man Dies in Workplace Accident
- Accident on Frederick Knocks Down Power Line