(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Smart car technology is being credited with helping bring a stolen car chase to an end.
Police say officers spotted the stolen vehicle in the area of 622 N. 12th Street Monday morning.
The owner of the car told officers the car was equipped with a smart system.
Officers followed the vehicle until the car's smart system was able to shut down the engine.
The car rolled to a stop near St. Joe Avenue and Highland where officers were waiting.
Police arrested a 26-year-old man inside the car.
He was also allegedly in possession of a stolen firearm.
- Smart Car Technology Shuts Down Stolen Car During Police Chase
- Car Crashes into Parked Car
- Police investigating car accident on 36 Highway
- Police stop 77 cars in overnight operation
- Elwood Police searching for two men after hitting police car
- Authorities: Suspects lead officers on chase in stolen truck
- Stolen guns, drugs found after suspects lead police on high speed chase
- Fatal Car Crash Kills One
- Police Looking for Driver Who Hit Parked Car
- Police: Man Found in Abandoned Car Died from Gunshot Wound