(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Five people suffered minor injuries after a crash sparked a series of collisions on the Belt Highway Thursday afternoon.
The four-car chain-reaction crash happened in the southbound lanes of the Belt Highway around 2:45 p.m.
Police said the crash happened when a driver was following too close and rear-ended the vehicle ahead of them. The collision caused a chain-reaction with three other vehicles rear-ending each other.
Police said everyone was treated at the scene.
Traffic in the area of 1700 S. Belt Highway was slowed down while police worked to clear the wreck.
- 5 injured in chain-reaction accident on Belt Highway
- Accident on Belt Highway sends motorcyclist to hospital
- 1 injured in 36 Highway rollover accident
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- MoDOT and Highway Patrol Demonstrate the Importance of Seat Belts
- MoDOT Studying Speed Limit Change to Stretch of Belt Highway
- Romantic Date Catches the Eyes of Drivers Along Belt Highway
- 94-Year-Old Victim Identified in Fatal Belt Highway Crash
- Crash on N. Belt Highway Sends 3 People to Hospital