Scituate, Massachusetts (WBZ) -- A Massachusetts woman was tired of packages being stolen from her apartment building. So she tried to help police catch the thief glitter-handed.
After a string of package thefts in her building lobby, Melissa Peralta ordered a spring loaded “glitter bomb” hoping to catch the suspect in action.
Friday morning, the package was stolen like Peralta hoped. She found a trail of glitter in the women’s room and contacted police.
“I knew they wouldn’t be able to resist it,” Peralta told WBZ-TV. “I wanted them to know there are consequences because they’re obviously continuing to do it.”
She said just this week, one of her neighbor’s packages worth $200 was stolen.
“I was thinking there is a sparkly person out there somewhere and I need to find them,” Peralta said.
Officers responded but were not able to discover where the trail led.
“The message inside of the glitter bomb said ‘please stop stealing our packages’ so I hope they just get the message and cut it out.
- Woman fools package thief with 'glitter bomb'
- Netflix may have to say goodbye to 'The Office' and 'Friends'
- Blaming mass shootings on mental illness is 'inaccurate' and 'stigmatizing,' experts say
- Cesar Sayoc: What we know about the package bomb suspect now in custody
- NASA head says first person on Mars is 'likely to be a woman'
- Woman Arrested on Suspicion of Stealing Packages from Homes
- St. Joseph Woman Charged for Stealing Packages from Local Neighborhood
- Austin Bombing Suspect Identified
- 'Avengers: Endgame' trailer is finally here