(BUCHANAN CO., Mo.) A Buchanan County resident received the maximum punishment for domestic assault and receiving stolen property.
Travis Hood, 41, was sentenced to four years for felony domestic abuse and seven years for receiving stolen property. The sentences were ordered to run consecutively.
Buchanan County Judge Daniel Kellogg handed down the sentence after the Buchanan County prosecutors asked for the maximum sentence.
Assistance prosecuting attorneys Kristina Zeit and Michelle Davidson worked to convince the court the sentence was deserved due to Hood's prior felonies and several failed chances to address a serious substance abuse addiction in the past.
- Man sentenced to maximum punishment for guilty charges
- Man charged with murder receives multiple life sentences
- Man found guilty of child sex abuse and sodomy charges
- Atchison, Kansas man sentenced for trafficking meth
- Man found guilty of sexually abusing children
- Man pleads not guilty to vehicle tampering charge in case of missing Wisconsin brothers
- Man Charged in Thanksgiving Homicide
- Homeless Man Charged in Stabbing
- Elmo man faces arson charges
- Turpin parents plead guilty to multiple charges, including torture