(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The 5K Run/Walk with the Huskies held Saturday in St. Joseph raised money for people with developmental disabilities.
About 400 people attended the event at Phil Welch Stadium. The 5K raises money for students attending the Helen Davis School. The School supports students between 5 and 21 with significant developmental disabilities in St. Joseph and surrounding areas.
"All the, the money raised we raised for this event stays local and supports students here in St. Joseph and we have some students in northwest Missouri," Coordinator at Helen Davis Jennifer Burns said. "So it all stays local and supports students directly at the school."
This is the only fundraiser the school holds each year and the goal of the event was to raise between $8,000 and $10,000.
- 8th Annual 5K with Huskies Draws Crowd
- Beer Walk Draws Crowd
- Midwest Motor Rama Draws a Crowd
- Rental inspection program draws large crowd to city council meeting
- 8th annual "Jeep'n and Jamm'n for Brett" fundraiser held downtown
- Crowds Flock to Eagle Days
- Record number of people take part in annual Walk for Paws 5K
- Crowds Hit the Slopes at Snow Creek
- Doctors warn crowds breed germs, flu
- Road Work Season Draws to a Close