(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) After some original confusion about the identity of a body found over the weekend, St. Joseph police have released the correct name of the victim.
The body of Lonza Eugene Distafino Cunningham, 50, was found dead inside a shed Sunday night in Southside St. Joseph.
Police had originally released the name of a different family member, but came out with a correction Wednesday evening.
Cunningham's body was found inside a shed with a gas generator running and police suspect the death was due to carbon monoxide exposure.
They say they will wait for a toxicology report before releasing any more information.
- After original confusion, Southside body identified
- Fire damages Southside home
- SJFD responds to Southside fire
- Southside Fall Festival Royalty crowned
- Southside Fall Festival kicks off
- Fire destroys southside home garage
- Southsiders Take Their Turn with Superintendent Input
- Southside neighborhoods are organizing to combat crime
- Southside family home hit by stray bullet
- Body pulled from Caldwell County lake identified