(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The 2018 Sugarplum Festival at the Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art wrapped up Saturday.
Every year, during the second weekend in November, the museum transforms into a holiday haven filled with clothes, jewelry, and gift ideas.
Jackie Butler sells items from her shop, Chic Boutique, at the event and also serves as a board member at the museum. She said a lot of work goes into the event each year.
"Last Monday all the art came down, and then we start doing all the decorating and getting ready for the holiday gift mart so people when they come in they can just see a holiday wonderland." Butler said.
Saturday included a silent auction where people could purchase a variety of stocking stuffers. The money raised at the auction and during the weekend go towards the museum.
- Albrecht-Kemper Museum holds annual Sugarplum Festival
- Annual Sugarplum Festival Interview
- Albrecht-Kemper Museum of Art gets bewitched for Halloween
- Sugarplum Festival Underway to Kick Off Holiday Season
- Grace House holds annual fall festival
- Birthplace of Amelia Earhart holds annual citywide festival
- Museum holds Breakfast With Santa
- Mosaic Decides to Release Naming Rights Sponsorship to Kemper Arena
- Pony Express Museum hosts annual Pumpkinfest
- United Way holds annual meeting