Online retail giant Amazon will not be bringing its second headquarters to Missouri.
Amazon announced its top 20 list of possible cities for the new facility with Kansas City being left off the list.
Kansas City was one of 238 cities across the country vying for a shot at being the next headquarters, but did not make the cut.
Most of the top contenders are well-known cities like New York, Atlanta, Boston, Denver and Los Angeles.
Competition for the so-called HQ2 is fierce as Amazon plans to invest more than five billion dollars into it and hire as many as 50,000 people.
The company says it will make a final decision some time this year.
- Amazon Announces Top 20 Cities for Second Headquarters
- Amazon cancels plans to build New York headquarters
- Amazon picks New York, Northern Virginia for its new headquarters after year-long search
- St.Joseph makes bid for new USDA headquarters
- Greitens Announces New Amazon Fulfillment Center Opening in Missouri
- Police Respond to Active Shooter at Youtube Headquarters
- NASA announces top three designs for homes on Mars
- Michelle Obama's memoir tops Amazon best-seller list days ahead of release
- Mustangs Announce 2018 Schedule
- Governor Greitens Announces Resignation