(AMAZONIA, Mo.) The VFW Post 12053 in Amazonia held its annual breakfast Sunday for those who have served.
As a gesture of gratitude on Veterans Day, veterans were treated to a free breakfast, prepared by fellow veterans and volunteers.
They say its the least they could do on this special day to show appreciation to those who have sacrificed so much.
"If you have a chance to thank a veteran, or go to some function that's being put on for them, please go and do that," Randall Puls, volunteer and veteran, said. "They gave up a lot to keep America as it is."
Volunteers say they've been holding this Veterans Day breakfast for the past decade.
- Amazonia VFW treats veterans with free breakfast
- Flooding effects Amazonia as river level rises
- Local Veterans excited by Trump’s VFW speech
- Local VFW Remembers 9/11 attacks
- 72-year-old Amazonia man injured in Andrew County crash
- Local company provides free lunch for veterans
- Trump to speak at VFW convention in Kansas City
- Local VFW hosts Memorial Day ceremony, honors fallen soldiers
- MoDOT Treating Highways for Ice
- Veterans Day 2018: Specials, discounts and free meals for vets