(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.)- An Andrew County man will serve life in prison for killing his grandmother.
29-year-old Robert Ray Forrester pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in July.
Forrester was accused of beating 77-year-old Beverley Forrester to death at her home on Yale Street on Sept. 21, 2017.
Judge Patrick Robb delivered the sentence Thursday afternoon, describing Forrester as a "violent person" before handing down the life sentence.
- Andrew County man sentenced to life in prison for killing grandmother
- Forrester pleads guilty to killing grandmother
- Savannah man seriously injured in Andrew County crash
- 72-year-old Amazonia man injured in Andrew County crash
- Teen Seriously Injured in Andrew County Crash
- MoDOT Truck Overturns in Andrew County
- Family Disturbance Turns Violent in Andrew County
- Andrew County K9 dies following surgery
- Drunk Driving Fatality Results in Prison Sentence
- High-speed chase suspect sentenced to prison