(St.Joseph,MO)A local Missouri State Trooper is celebrating a major milestone this month. Sergeant Jake Angle is celebrating his 25th anniversary with the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Angle started with the patrol in 1993, and has served in northwest Missouri throughout his entire career.
After graduating from the law enforcement academy Angle was assigned to cover Atchison and Holt Counties, where he served for three years. Angle then transferred to the Cameron area to cover Caldwell and Clinton counties, where he remained for the next 17 years. In 2014, Angle returned to St.Joseph, to serve as the Public Information Officer (PIO) for Troop H.
Angle said spending time with the community has been the most rewarding part of his 25 years with the patrol.
“It is rewarding to be able to go out there and serve the citizens and help people. I’m going to say the most rewarding part is the people that I’ve met on the job and the relationships, and working side by side with some of the best people in the state,” Angle said.
Angle said he plans to remain in his role as the PIO for Troop H until he reaches retirement.
- Angle celebrates 25 years with Highway Patrol
- Highway Patrol App Helps Report Suspicious Activity
- Highway Patrol Explains Dangers of Frozen Ponds
- Highway Patrol Identifies 18-Year-Old Drowning Victim
- New troopers added to Highway Patrol ranks
- Highway Patrol identifies victim killed in Highway 59 crash
- Trooper celebrates 25 years of service
- Missouri Highway Patrol Reported 400 Crashes Over Thanksgiving Weekend
- Highway Patrol Offers Safety Tips For Driving on Black Ice
- MoDOT and Highway Patrol Demonstrate the Importance of Seat Belts