CLOSINGS: View Closings

Annual Report Card Shows Improvement for SJSD

The St. Joseph School District saw a 2.5 percent increase in its total APR compared to last year.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 11:54 AM
Updated: Nov 15, 2017 12:53 PM

The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education released its Annual Performance Report.


The St. Joseph School District saw a 2.5 percent increase in its total APR compared to last year. The district's score jumped from 83.9 percent in 2016 to 86.4 percent in 2017. The 2015 APR was 88.9 percent and in 2014 it was 84.3 percent.

The Annual Performance Report is the state's report card for school districts. Districts are evaluated on academic achievement, subgroup achievement, college and career readiness, attendance and graduation rate.

"I'm pleased with the increase we have seen in our APR results, but recognize that we still have the need for additional improvement," said Dr. Marlie Williams, Assistant Superintendent. "The work of our teachers and schools has led to the increases we've seen, and we will continue to support the goals that are in place to positively impact student learning."

SJSD saw small increases in the percentage of students scoring proficient or advanced in science, social studies, subgroup achievement and college and career readiness.

A small decrease was noted in the percentage of students scoring proficient or advanced in English and math and the percentage of students meeting the benchmark for attendance.

"Scoring 6 of 10 points on attendance highlights the importance of the Strive for 5 initiative. Students benefit when they are in school and working with their teachers and peers, so improving attendance has benefit far beyond points on this section of the APR, it contributes to academic outcomes and is also a workforce readiness trait," added Dr. Williams.

Saint Joseph
Overcast
66° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 66°
Maryville
Clear
66° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 66°
Savannah
Overcast
66° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 66°
Cameron
Overcast
65° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 65°
Fairfax
Clear
64° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 64°
Temperatures and humidity will continue to climb on Wednesday making it feel like a very humid day across northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas. Temperatures will warm into the mid to upper 80s and increasing moisture and instability. This will likely mean shower and thunderstorm chances for the remainder of Thursday and Thursday night.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events