STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Apartment Fire Sends One to Hospital

A St. Joseph woman was sent to the hospital with injuries after her apartment caught fire Sunday evening.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 7:32 PM
Updated: Jan 29, 2018 2:39 PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph woman was sent to the hospital with injuries after her apartment caught fire Sunday evening.

The fire was called in just before 6:30 p.m. at Chatsworth Apartments located on the 1500 block of South 38th Street.

Authorities said the woman suffered from burns on her hands and smoke inhalation. She was the only occupant in the apartment at the time of the fire.

Fire crews responded to the apartment complex and quickly put out any flames and smoke coming from the one-bedroom, upstairs apartment.

Authorities said water damage was caused to that apartment along with the apartment located directly under it. Both occupants have been displaced because of that damage.

The Fire Department said they believe the cause of the fire was related to candles or cigarettes. It's still under investigation.

Saint Joseph
Clear
67° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 54°
Feels Like: 67°
Maryville
Clear
66° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 52°
Feels Like: 66°
Savannah
Clear
67° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 67°
Cameron
Clear
65° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 54°
Feels Like: 65°
Fairfax
Clear
63° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 63°
Pleasant conditions continue this week for northwest Missouri and northeast Kansas even as temperatures are steadily warming. Highs look to reach into the upper 70s to low 80s. Dry conditions look to continue.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

Community Events