(ATCHISON, Ks.)- The Atchison County, Kansas Sheriff's Department is investigation a small plane crash at the Amelia Earhart Memorial Airport.
According to officials, there were no injuries in the crash. Authorities said the pilot couldn't get the plane off the runway and crashed.
"Really unsure of what happened with the crash, but the pilot said he wasn't able to get the plane to take off the ground, just came across and crashed into the embankment," Sheriff Jack Laurie said. "He took off that runway and came straight north and just couldn't get it to pull up."
Laurie said the crash is under investigation.
- Atchison Co., Kansas Sheriff's Department investigating small plane crash
- Atchison, Kansas man sentenced for trafficking meth
- Flooding closes Hwy. 59 near Atchison, Kansas
- 1 injured in shooting in Atchison, Kansas
- Highway 59 reopens into Atchison, Kansas
- Storms leave widespread damage in Atchison, Kansas
- Boil water advisory issued for the City of Atchison, Kansas
- Atchison, Kansas flooding: "Worst that we've had since 2011"
- Man shot early Sunday morning in Atchison, Kansas
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas