(ATCHISON CO., Mo.) -- The director of the Atchison County, Missouri Health Department reported a positive COVID-19 test result Wednesday evening.
Officials say she is a woman in her 70's suffering only a mild illness and has self-isolated at home.
They add she had minimal contact with other people in Atchison County, however she had recently traveled to a high-population area.
This latest case comes as Missouri reported a spike in coronavirus cases of more than 100 in the past 24 hours.
- Atchison Co., Missouri reports first Covid-19 positive case
- 3 new positive Covid-19 cases confirmed
- Missouri coronavirus: Sixth positive case identified
- Missouri now has eight positive coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus: Missouri state prison inmate positive for COVID-19
- Atchison County, Missouri recommending evacuations near Missouri River
- Missouri Department of Corrections: No positive cases of COVID-19 in prison system
- Missouri’s second coronavirus case reported Thursday
- Atchison, Kan. residents react as Missouri River rises
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas