(ROCK PORT, Mo.) The Atchison County Commission and the Atchison County Levee District #1 are recommending people to evacuate who live near the Missouri River Bottom, this includes all areas in Atchison County west of I-29.
According to a press release, county officials say that there is danger of water going over the levy within the next week to 10 days. Officials are anticipating a mandatory evacuation to follow in the coming days.
If anyone is in need of shelter, contact the Atchison County Emergency Management at 660-744-6606.
- Atchison County, Missouri recommending evacuations near Missouri River
- Atchison, Kan. residents react as Missouri River rises
- Elwood issues mandatory evacuation as Missouri River hits 30 feet
- Governor visits northwest Missouri ahead of Missouri River flooding
- Atchison authorities search for truck in river
- Holt County officials issue evacuation recommendation due to forecast river levels
- Levee fails in Nemaha County, Nebraska along Missouri River
- Holt County residents speak out about Missouri River flooding
- City and county officials continue to monitor Missouri River
- Doniphan County officials continue monitoring Missouri River level