(ROCK PORT, Mo.) The Atchison County Commission and the Atchison County Levee District #1 are recommending people to evacuate who live near the Missouri River Bottom, this includes all areas in Atchison County west of I-29.
According to a press release, county officials say that there is danger of water going over the levy within the next week to 10 days. Officials are anticipating a mandatory evacuation to follow in the coming days.
If anyone is in need of shelter, contact the Atchison County Emergency Management at 660-744-6606.
- Atchison County, Missouri recommending evacuations near Missouri River
- Atchison Police identify person recovered from Missouri River
- Atchison, Kan. residents react as Missouri River rises
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas
- Missouri man found in Missouri River near Nishnabotna River dies
- Crews close 1,000 foot levee breach in Atchison County, Missouri
- Elwood issues mandatory evacuation as Missouri River hits 30 feet
- Atchison Police release photos of tattoos to help identify person recovered from Missouri River
- Person recovered from Missouri River near Atchison identified as St. Joseph man
- Atchison Co., Missouri reports first Covid-19 positive case