(KAIR)--A warrant is issued for the arrest of a Leavenworth man, accused of attempting to shoot the occupants of a vehicle in Atchison this week, according to MSC News.
Atchison Police Chief Mike Wilson identifies the alleged shooter as 19-year-old Marcell M. Bailey, who now faces charges including attempted murder. “We have located the suspect vehicle involved in the case, we've also recovered a handgun we believe to have been used in the shooting. The investigation has led to a warrant for Bailey, and he has been charged with a number of crimes associated
with this case. He's not yet in custody, so we are asking if anyone should know his whereabouts, to call us at our 24-hour line at 913-367-4323.”
The warrant charges Bailey with attempted 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, criminal discharge of a firearm into an occupied vehicle, and criminal possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
The shooting occurred around 3:40 Wednesday afternoon in the 1000 block of North 7th Street.
The vehicle that had been shot, and it's five occupants, was located by police a short time later in the area of U.S. Highway 73 and Raven Hill Road.
Wilson said the vehicle had been shot at least 6 times.
None of the occupants, three males and two females, suffered injuries from the shooting.
- Atchison police identify suspected shooter
- Atchison police release surveillance images of robbery suspect
- Police seek van seen before Atchison bombing
- Austin Bombing Suspect Identified
- Police: 3-year-old Atchison boy shoots himself after finding gun
- Atchison police officer credited for saving choking infant
- New YMCA Opens in Atchison,KS
- New Lt. Governor Makes Stop In Atchison
- BB Gun Found in Atchison Student's Bag
- Explosion damages buildings in downtown Atchison