(ATCHISON, Kan.) The boil advisory for the City of Atchison, Kansas has officially been rescinded by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
The advisory was in effect because of high turbidity, caused by flood waters.
Lab tests collected from Atchison and Doniphan County Rural Water District 5 showed no evidence of contamination.
The boil water advisory does remain in effect for:
Atchison County Rural Water Districts 1, 3, 5C, and 6.
The City of Lancaster.
Doniphan County Rural Water District 3.
People who live within one of the water districts that remains under the advisory should:
• If your tap water appears dirty, flush the water lines by letting the water run until it clears.
• Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation or use bottled water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic ice maker.
• Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap
water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled. Supervision of children is necessary
while bathing so that water is not ingested. Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult
The advisory will remain in effect for the districts until final testing of water reveals no contamination.
- Atchsion, Kansas boil advisory rescinded
- Boil water advisory issued for the City of Atchison, Kansas
- Union Star boil advisory lifted
- Savannah placed under boil advisory
- Boil advisory lifted for Savannah
- Boil advisory issued for Wathena
- Boil advisory lifted for Wathena
- Craig placed under boil advisory
- Osborn placed under boil advisory
- Boil advisory lifted for Osborn