(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) Authorities are scaling back search efforts due to darkness and are planning on continuing the search Friday morning.
At around 8:15 p.m. Thursday, the Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office received a call about a 12-year-old boy who ran away. Authorities learned the boy, Koltin Kirk, from Dearborn was the one who is believed to have run away.
The Sheriff‘s Office began searching the area near Belcher Branch Lake, near Faucett. Nearly 40 volunteer firefighters and a helicopter searched the area.
Teams were deployed and searched for several hours but Kirk was not located.
Authorities have scaled back search efforts due to darkness and will begin again Friday morning.
Kirk was last seen wearing blue shorts and a maroon long-sleeved shirt.
Anyone with information is urged to contact police.
- Authorities scaling back search for missing boy due to darkness, to continue in the morning
- Authorities continue searching for missing 12-year-old St. Joseph girl
- Search continues for missing DeKalb County woman
- Authorities back on the Missouri River in search for missing man
- Authorities searching for missing person on Missouri River
- Cameron authorities searching for missing 26-year-old Sierra Sherwood
- Cameron family continues desperate search for missing daughter
- Search continues for missing brothers in Clinton and Caldwell counties
- Instagram dark mode is here
- Atchison authorities search for truck in river