Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Northwest Missouri State Bearcats were back in the MIAA championship Sunday against the Washburn Ichabods from Topeka,
taking place in Downtown Kansas City at Municipal Auditorium.
Northwest had already beaten the Ichabods twice earlier in the year, and were looking for the sweep as they met up with them again in the conference tournament championship.
In the first half, Northwest out shot Washburn 56 percent to 40 percent from the field. As it was the same story in the second half, the Bearcats out shot the Ichabods 50 percent to 48 percent.
At half time the score was 41-28. Washburn came back within two points with 1:00 minute to go in the game 75-73.
The Bearcats ultimatley pulled way and won by six with a final score of 80-74.
This is Northwest's third straight conference tournament title, and now will host a first round regional home game leading up to the national tournament.
- Bearcats Win MIAA Tournament
- Ong Wins MIAA Golf Tournament
- Bearcat Baseball Claim Share Of MIAA Conference Title
- Griffs tennis back in the MIAA tournament
- Griffon Volleyball Falls in MIAA Finals, Awaits NCAA Tournament Fate
- Western Men Pick Up First MIAA Win of 2017
- Bearcat Men's Basketball Named Preseason No. 1
- Ong Named MIAA Golfer of the Year
- Northwest Baseball In Position For MIAA Title
- WATCH: Bearcat Tanner Owen Finds Comfort in Maryville