STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Bad Electrical Box Caused Fire on 28th and Olive

A St. Joseph fire fighter and his family lived in the home that was heavily damaged by fire Wednesday afternoon.

Posted: Mar 28, 2018 5:20 PM
Updated: Mar 28, 2018 6:22 PM

(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A fire broke out in a home located on the corner of 28th and Olive Streets Wednesday afternoon.


Investigators say that the fire began in the basement, likely due to an electrical box.

The fire then was able to quickly spread throughout home and into the attic.

A St. Joseph fire fighter and his family lived at the residence, luckily no one was home at the time.

No injuries were reported and the fire is considered accidental by investigators.

The St. Joseph Fire Department and their union will be providing whatever support they can to the owner and his family.

Article Comments

Saint Joseph
Overcast
71° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 71°
Maryville
Overcast
66° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 62°
Feels Like: 66°
Savannah
Overcast
71° wxIcon
Hi: 81° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 71°
Cameron
Broken Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 80° Lo: 65°
Feels Like: 68°
Fairfax
Overcast
68° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 62°
Feels Like: 68°
Showers will continue overnight and heading into Wednesday morning. There is the possibility some patchy fog could also develop so you may want to allow some extra time to get to work in the morning. Lows will be in the 60s.
KQTV Radar
KQTV Temperatures
KQTV Alerts

 

Community Events