(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Julie Noel and the rest of the staff at the St. Joseph Parks Department are excited about a brand new playground in the works at Bartlett Park.
"We have to close the park to take out the old equipment so that we can get the ground ready for the new equipment to come in," Noel said.
The new playground equipment includes all accessible features so that all kids can play on the equipment despite age and disabilities.
"We're trying to make this an all inclusive playground so we will still have the swings and the slides but we will have some of the newer equipment that's coming out that's more accessible. You will see more ramps in this park so people can get to different places," Noel said.
Other additions to the park include brand new restrooms and a disc golf course, which will be the second one in the city.
Additionally, the Bartlett Park renovations are made possible by a Land, Water and Conservation grant.
"The playground itself will end being about a $500,000 park give or take some," Noel said.
Noel adds that Bartlett Park used to be the playground to go to for families in town to enjoy a nice day, now she wants that same fond memory to come back better than ever.
"Bartlett Park used to be the most popular park in town and that was because it had such a variety of playground equipment," Noel said. "It's just a wonderful place and location in the middle of town and we are so excited to have that completed."
- Bartlett Park Renovations Set to Begin
- Bartlett Park Renovations Set To Begin
- Ten Thousand Dollar Donation to Bartlett Park
- Parks and Rec celebrates grand opening of new Bartlett Park
- Vandalism Delays Opening Day for Bartlett Park Playground
- Bartlett Park vandalized for 2nd time in a month
- Council Reviews Plans for Hyde Park Renovation
- Parking Rate Set for Downtown
- Deadline Set for New Downtown Parking Garage
- Homeless Shelter Shuts Down for Renovations