(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) The Legends Sports Bar and Grill is undergoing major renovations.
"We felt like this place had a whole lot of potential," Jeny White, owner Belt Entertainment
The bar is the next major project for Belt Entertainment, after making renovations to the bowling alley, adding an arcade and finishing a Laser Tag attraction.
Management said in the past the bar has had a noticeably different feel than the rest of the building.
"On one hand, it was a bowling center for families," White said. "Then on the other, it was a place to go hang out late at night."
Management also acknowledged the tragic story of the death of a staff worker at the bar a year ago.
"Last year was very hard in many ways," White said. "We’ve been working here for a couple of years and it was a hard year."
Management is focused on moving forward for the community.
"I am looking forward to moving from that and establish this as a family entertainment facility," White said.
Staff at Belt Entertainment are already excited about the changes.
"It's come a long way," Kaleigh Schwichtenberg, a staff member at Belt Entertainment. "I’m really happy it’s something that St. Joe’s needed."
"I’m just excited to be able to be here and do this for the community," White said.
Management at Belt Entertainment said they hoped to have the bar reopened by the spring.
- Belt Entertainment to remodel bar area with troubled past
- Big Brothers Big Sisters set to host annual bowling fundraiser at Belt Entertainment
- Youth center breaks ground for remodel
- Bunny Bowl at Belt Entertaiment
- City to donate Fire Station 11 for remodel
- UPDATE: 1 killed in Belt Highway crash
- MODOT creates sidewalks along Belt Highway
- Car slams into building along Belt Hwy.
- Changes coming to the Belt Bowl
- City Council Leaves Seat Belt Law for Public Vote