(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A benefit dinner is set for former St. Joseph Police officer Roy Wedlow, who continues to recover after suffering a stroke.
A spaghetti dinner is scheduled from 4:00-8:00 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 17 at 6001 S. 9th Street in St. Joseph.
The cost of the dinner is $10.
Wedlow served with the St. Joseph Police Department for 22 years, and has been a coach and mentor to many kids. On Aug. 5, he suffered a stroke before going to work.
Wedlow recently retired from the department but still struggles with health issues from the effect of the stroke.
- Benefit Dinner Set for Officer Who Suffered Stroke
- Community Honors Retired St. Joseph Police Officer at Benefit Dinner
- Victim suffers severe wounds in stabbing
- Longtime St. Joseph Dentist Suffers Fatal Heart Attack
- Volunteers See Benefits from Children's Reading Program
- Local food bank battles hunger with benefit concert
- Police: 3 suffer life-threatening injuries after crash on Belt Highway
- Parking Rate Set for Downtown
- Fire Sets Small Garage Ablaze
- Deadline Set for New Downtown Parking Garage