(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The American Red Cross is critically low on blood donations this winter.
Officials say that a combination of the holidays, bad weather and the flu are what is causing the low numbers in donations.
Local blood drives have followed national trends that have not been too successful with supplies being low across the country.
The Red Cross is asking anyone who is healthy should donate.
- Blood Donations Still Running Low this Winter
- Rally House running low on Mahomes apparel
- Community Blood Center battles blood shortage
- Cold snap to blame for statewide drop in blood donations
- Blood center hopes for donation numbers to go up this Spring
- Community Blood Center in Short Supply
- Viewer Submitted Super Blue Blood Moon Photos
- Red Cross Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Mosaic Life Care Hosting Blood Drive Today
- Community Blood Center hold ceremony honoring donors