(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri State Highway Patrol announced Wednesday that the missing boater from May 17 may have been located.
According to the highway patrol, troopers received a call at 12:49 p.m. Wednesday of a report of a body located two miles south of the French Bottoms River access near Lake Contrary.
Troopers say that preliminary investigation indicates it is the missing boater from last week but troopers cannot confirm the identity at this time.
On Friday, a truck and trailer were discovered near the Nodaway Island access point. A search then began for a missing person in the river.
Autopsy results are pending on the body discovered.
- Body found in Missouri River, believed to be missing boater
- Body recovered from Missouri River identified as missing boater
- Missouri man found in Missouri River near Nishnabotna River dies
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas
- Missing duck hunter found in Missouri River near Rock Port, flown to hospital
- Watson man's body found in southwest Iowa river
- Authorities searching for missing person on Missouri River
- Driver of truck submerged in Missouri River found safe
- Body Found in Trenton Identified as Missing Trenton Man
- Atchison County, Missouri recommending evacuations near Missouri River