(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A body recovered from the Missouri River has been identified as a missing boater.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol identified the body Thursday as Phillip Brown, of Savannah.
Brown's body was found Wednesday afternoon two miles south of the French Bottoms River access near Lake Contrary.
Brown has been missing since May 17 after his truck and trailer were found near the Nodaway Island access point.
Investigators are awaiting autopsy results to determine an official cause of death.
- Body recovered from Missouri River identified as missing boater
- Body found in Missouri River, believed to be missing boater
- Atchison Police identify person recovered from Missouri River
- Atchison Police release photos of tattoos to help identify person recovered from Missouri River
- Person recovered from Missouri River near Atchison identified as St. Joseph man
- Body discovered in Missouri River near Atchison, Kansas
- Missouri man found in Missouri River near Nishnabotna River dies
- Body recovered from lake near Polo
- Authorities searching for missing person on Missouri River
- Body Found in Trenton Identified as Missing Trenton Man