(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A St. Joseph man was found guilty the murder 28-year-old Clifford York.
On Tuesday, a Buchanan County jury found Brandon Cox guilty of first-degree murder and one count of armed criminal action.
The shooting happened on October 10, 2018 in the backyard of 921 N. 13th Street.
According to court documents, Cox was living at the home when someone knocked on his bedroom window. After a verbal dispute, Cox grabbed a pistol from under his bed and shot through the window.
Cox allegedly left through an alley before officers arrived, but witnesses placed Cox next to the victim after the shooting with blood on his hands and face.
- Brandon Cox convicted of murder of Clifford York
- Russell Bucklew, convicted murderer with serious illness, put to death in Missouri
- 3 Baltimore men freed from prison 36 years after they were wrongfully convicted of murder
- Man convicted in sports bar stabbing death
- Standoff suspect convicted of illegal firearm possession
- Convicted contractor facing additional felony charge
- Amanda Knox is going back to Italy for the first time since her murder conviction was overturned
- Death Row Exonerees Share Experience of Wrongful Conviction
- Goodwill Program Provides Second Chances for Ex-Convicts
- Maryville man convicted of DWI death of Northwest student