(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) A downtown building is left damaged after an SUV crashed into it around 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
The accident happened at South 10th Street and Mitchell Avenue.
Police said an SUV was traveling north on S. 10th Street when it crashed into a car. The impact caused a second crash involving a third vehicle.
Authorities said the SUV continued along Mitchell after the initial crash, where the driver hit a stop sign and utility pole before crashing through the wall of a building on the corner of 10th & Mitchell.
Police said the woman driving the SUV was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. She was ticketed for careless driving.
Others involved in the crash suffered minor injuries, according to police.
The building is owned by the National Pony Express Museum.
- Building Damaged after Vehicle Crash
- Explosion damages buildings in downtown Atchison
- Man killed in single vehicle crash
- Multi-vehicle crash closes northbound I-29
- I-29 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Police: 24th Street crash damaged 5 cars, people involved ran
- Vandals Damage Construction Equipment
- Fire damages Southside home
- Vehicle falls nearly 25 feet from bridge in two-vehicle crash in Chillicothe
- Three Vehicle Crash Closes Two Lanes of Mitchell Avenue