(CAMERON, Mo.) The Cameron Police Department is warning residents of a Social Security scam where the call appears to be coming from the police department itself.
The Cameron Police Department says that officers have received multiple calls informing them of the scam.
In some the calls, people are told that they could be arrested and the caller attempts to obtain personal information.
Police urge people that if they receive a call to hang up immediately.
- Cameron Police warn against Social Security scam
- IRS Warns of Tax Scams
- Authorities Warn of Rental Scam
- SJPD warns of phone scam
- Airshow in Cameron
- Governor Parson visits Cameron
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Phone Scams
- Buchanan County Sheriff Warns of Money Scam
- Experts warn of flood clean up scams