(MARYVILLE, Mo) It's Labor Day weekend in Northwest Missouri, and for many that means it's time to hit the lake.
"It's a good thing to do, just hang out, kids family, boating." Charlie Findley, a camp goer visiting the lake with his family, said. At Mozingo Lake, a quick look around, and everyone is in the Labor Day mode.
"Oh just having fun with the kids, we usually bring our golf cart out and drive around and play football and just whatever." Larry Wilson a Gentry County resident visiting the lake with his family, said.
Fun, family and of course, football can be found at the lake, and then there's the food. Many meats were on the menu. Findley said he and his family were making steaks, while Wilson was looking forward to enjoying his Son-In-Law's pork ribs. Camp goers say, something else that can be found is new faces.
"We love that people travel in from all over the place, it's just nice to mingle with people you've never met." Findley said.
Perhaps the only thing that can't be found is worries.
"Most of the people drive less than 10mph so you really don't have to worry about your kids coming out here and having a good time, they can just go do whatever they want to and have fun." Wilson said.
On this weekend, it's all about being carefree. Coming together and leaving negativity behind.
"We sit around the fire at night and just sing songs together, i mean it's a good thing to do." Findley said.
"Everybody's nice everybody's friendly," Findley said.
Camp goers say that people travel to Mozingo Lake from as far away as British Columbia, Canada.
- Camp goers celebrate Labor Day weekend at Mozingo Lake
- Maryville city officials watching Mozingo Lake levels
- MSHP reports only 5 roadway deaths during Labor Day Weekend
- Police investigating Labor Day stabbing
- First responders treated to Labor Day lunch
- Maryville Plans Independence Day Celebration
- Celebrate St. Joseph Founder's Day
- New program trains laborers
- KQ2 Forecast: Warm and sunny for Labor Day
- United Way Celebrates Family Volunteer Day