(ST. JOSEPH, Mo) Several homes in the area near the 2800 block of Gene Field Rd. were without power Thursday morning after a car accident. Authorities said a gray Toyota was traveling at a high rate of speed in the wrong lane before it hit a light pole. The force of the impact split the pole knocking out power to homes and businesses nearby.
The driver of the car was initially no where to be found, but later taken into custody. Authorities are still investigating what led up to the crash.
- Car accident to blame for power outage
- Widespread Power Outage Hits St. Joseph
- Power Outages Reported in St. Joseph Area
- Tractor Trailer Strikes Power Pole, Causes Outages
- Power outage leaves thousands in the dark
- Power outage reported in southeast St. Joseph
- Power outages reported near Maryville, crews working to restore power
- Accident on Frederick Knocks Down Power Line
- North Belt Walmart Closed for Hours Due to Power Outage
- Snow storm causes power outages across the area