(BUCHANAN COUNTY, Mo.) A 24-year-old man sent to the hospital Saturday after being involved in a single-vehicle crash Saturday morning in Buchanan County on I-29, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The crash happening at the 37.4 mile marker about six miles south of St. Joseph at 7:00 a.m.
According to the highway patrol's crash report, the driver of a 2004 Nissan Maxima, Jurell Green, was traveling northbound on I-29 when he drove partially off the west side of the roadway. Green then over-corrected and the car began to skid. The car then travelled of the east side of the road, struck an embankment, and overturned.
Green was transported by ambulance to Mosaic Life Care with serious injuries. Troopers say he was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
Assisting at the scene was the Buchanan County Sheriff's Office, Agency Fire Department, Faucett Fire Department, and Buchanan County EMS.
For the full crash report, click here.
- Car overturns on I-29 south of St. Joseph, driver seriously injured
- Driver injured after semi overturns on I-29 in Platte County
- I-29 reopens north of St. Joseph
- MoDOT reopens I-29 north of St. Joseph
- Two people injured after car crosses I-29, overturns in Holt County
- Two people injured after car overturns on I-29 in Andrew County
- St. Joseph Woman Killed in Crash on I-29
- I-29 north of St. Joseph closed because of flooding
- I-29 closure north of St. Joseph enters sixth week
- Camper overturns on I-29, shuts down one lane of traffic