(St.Joseph,MO) Kids at Carden Park Elementary got a little soggy Friday afternoon. Students with 90 percent attendance for the second term were rewarded with a water party.Students in kindergarten through sixth grade explored 10 water stations. For a few hours students got into water balloon fights, slid on a giant Slip’N Slide and competed in water relay games.
Third grade teacher Morgan Skaith said the party was the perfect way to blow off some steam and reward students for making attendance a priority.
“They’ve been a little squirrely, its the end of the year and that summer weather is going on. So just being able to be out here and celebrate their attendance with the kids and have some fun at the end of the year has been a great activity for them,” Skaith.
In addition to celebrating student achievement at the water party, the school is also celebrating being a new grant recipient. The Carden Park received a $7,300 grant from an anonymous donor to be put towards attendance incentives for next year.
- Carden Park Hosts Splash Bash for Attendance
- Community Care Clinic Opens at Carden Park Elementary
- POLL: Sinclair tells stations to air media-bashing promos - and the criticism goes viral
- Board of Education Candidates Attend Public Forum
- City Council Candidates Attend Final Public Forum
- Governor Greitens Attends St. Joseph Republican Event
- Attendance on the Rise in St.Joseph Schools
- Navy veterans among thousands attending air show
- Record breaking attendance numbers at air show
- Chillicothe Hosts Holiday Expo