(CALDWELL COUNTY, Mo.) Clinton Sheriff Larry Fish has confirmed the investigation into the two missing brothers from Wisconsin is now a death investigation and no longer a missing persons investigation.
There were no other details as to why the investigation has changed.
The owner of the property being searched near Braymer, Garland Nelson, is being charged with tampering with a motor vehicle.
According to court documents, Nelson told authorities he drove the brother's rental truck to a commuter lot in Holt and left it there.
Stay with KQ2 for more updates.
- Case of missing Wisconsin brothers turns into death investigation
- Multiple agencies search for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Multiple agencies assist in 'long-term' death investigation into missing Wisconsin brothers
- Authorities to hold press conference regarding death investigation into missing Wisconsin brothers
- Deputies searching for two missing Wisconsin brothers in northwest Missouri
- Additional departments join search effort for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Man pleads not guilty to vehicle tampering charge in case of missing Wisconsin brothers
- Investigation continues after human remains found during search for missing Wisconsin brothers
- Highland police investigating deaths
- Search continues for missing brothers in Clinton and Caldwell counties