(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) The Missouri Dental Association (MDA) and MDA Foundation's Missouri Mission of Mercy (MOMOM) served around 500 adults and children during last week's charity dental clinic in St. Joseph.
The organizations announced that more than $631,000 worth of free dental care was handed out on Friday to the nearly 500 people who attended the clinic.
In total, people were provided with 510 cleanings, 734 fillings, 1,228 extractions, and 64 root canals.
The MOMOM clinic provides access to dental care for people who might not otherwise be able to receive these services.
"Even in our eighth year, the impact of an event like this continues to wow volunteers and patients alike," Dr. Tim Curry, the 2019 MOMOM co-chair said. "We met patients who told us about their significant need for oral health care, and we worked side-by-side with volunteers who generously offered this gift to fellow community members."
More than 500 volunteers of dental health professionals and community volunteers gathered at the Civic Arena in St. Joseph for the clinic.
- Charity dental clinic provides more than $600,000 in free dental care
- Area dentists offer free dental care
- More than 150 dentists coming to St. Joseph Friday for free dental clinic
- Magical Visitors Teach Coleman Students About Dental Health
- Mayo Clinic Representatives Visit Mosaic Life Care
- Free clinic helps people fight the flu
- Community Care Clinic Opens at Carden Park Elementary
- St. Joseph Health Dept. to Host Free Flu Shot Clinic
- St. Joseph Health Department to hold free flu clinic
- Local Man Donates $75,000 to Historic Charities