St. Joseph, MO (KQ2)- St. Joseph high school students got some one-on-one time with a popular player.
Chiefs Defensive Lineman, Chris Jones, met with football teams from Lafayette and Benton Monday morning to talk to students about the importance of living a healthy lifestyle as an athlete.
While some players recharge with rest, Jones said he enjoys giving back to the community.
"I wish I had the opportunity when I was in high school to get an NFL player to come and reach out and tell me the in and outs of things, the way he went about and his fourth comings that he faced. You know, just to hear his story."
The meet and greet was sponsored by Mosaic Life Care and Missouri Western State University.
Over the next two weeks, Jones will also take the time to meet with other local district football players.
- Chiefs' Chris Jones meets with local high school students
- Chiefs' defensive lineman Chris Jones speaks to high school football players
- Chiefs' Chris Jones visits St. Joseph, debuts new alkaline water
- One sweet deal for Country Cookie & Chiefs' Chris Jones
- Local High School Scores
- High school students sign for apprenticeship program with local businesses
- Central High School student wins distinction scholarship
- Chiefs fans meet cheerleaders, K.C. Wolf
- Local Students Celebrate Catholic Schools Week
- Lafayette High School student hit by car walking to school