(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has spent a lot of time giving back and working with children in the Kansas City and St. Joseph area. On Sunday, he wore cleats honoring some of these children including Whitney Wells, a St. Joseph girl with a rare brain tumor.
On the left shoe laces, the light blue band can be seen with Whitney's name in red on it. It's just like the bracelet Whitney gave Mahomes back during training camp in St. Joseph.
Mahomes has been wearing the bracelet throughout the season.
- Chiefs' Mahomes wearing cleats honoring St. Joseph girl with rare brain tumor
- Chick-Fil-A raises money for St. Joseph girl fighting rare brain tumor
- Whitney Wells, St. Joseph 10-year-old girl, battling against rare brain tumor has died
- Maryville woman battles rare brain tumor
- Chiefs' Mahomes continues to wear bracelet given to him by St. Joseph girl
- Girl fighting rare brain tumor gets major support from the Chiefs
- School comes together to help 4th grader fighting rare brain tumor
- Mahomes ready to start training camp in St. Joseph
- Mahomes headbands turn up Chiefs Kingdom fever
- Patrick Mahomes excited for 'Mahomes Magic Crunch'