A relatively quiet offseason for Kansas City sports fans, suddenly got loud.
According to Terez Paylor of the Kansas City Star, the Chiefs trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Washington Redskins for a 2018 third-round pick and cornerback Kendall Fuller.
This also frees the Chiefs $17 million in cap space.
Fuller was considered the number two cornerback in Washington behind All-Pro Josh Norman.
The deal won't be official until the new league year starts at 3 p.m. on March 14.
- Chiefs Send Smith to Washington
- Chiefs' Smith, Hunt Earn Team Honors
- Collision Sends Cyclist to Hospital
- Chiefs Schedule Released
- Junior Chiefs Training Camp
- Chiefs release Eric Berry
- Chiefs' K.C. Wolf getting St. Joseph Chiefs fans excited
- Police investigate shooting on Washington Street
- Suspect charged in Washington Street shooting
- Apartment Fire Sends One to Hospital