It's hard to believe that another Chiefs Training Camp is coming to an end on Tuesday. Many fans came on Monday morning not only to see the Chiefs play but also get that one special autograph.
"Speechless." That's the reaction Page Wright of St. Joseph and many Kansas City Chiefs fans feel when they get to come to Chiefs Training Camp.
"It's really exciting. It's really cool," Wright said.
After every practice, fans make the long line along the gated fence with footballs, caps, flags and sharpies ready for that meet and greet.
"I think it's just a rare opportunity and something that doesn't happen to everyone. I think I was blessed to be here and do that," said Chiefs Fan Gaven Kelsall.
Kelsall and his group of friends made the trip from Trenton to watch the Chiefs in action. He said the whole experience was well worth it.
"Getting an autograph from a Chiefs player is a once in a lifetime event," Kelsall said. "I hope the Chiefs can make it to the playoffs and hopefully win a Superbowl."
Every team always has that one special player that will go out of his way to get every fan. For the Chiefs, it's there longtime Punter Dustin Colquitt. He said it's always an honor to meet the people that helps keep the team's momentum going.
"Being a part of the community is important. We get to spend a lot of time up here. This is the best interaction we can get during the season." Colquitt said. "It's fun to take advantage of the opportunity to see the fans. If i'm not playing football. I'm doing the same thing they are, supporting the chiefs and watching them play. That's why spend a lot of time with them and they signed my hat."
Tuesday morning is the last practice at Missouri Western for the Chiefs this summer, practice begins at 9:15. After that, the team heads back to Kansas City for the upcoming season.
- Chiefs player appreciates fans' love and support
- Kansas City Chiefs celebrate Military Appreciation Day
- Chiefs fans meet cheerleaders, K.C. Wolf
- Chiefs' K.C. Wolf getting St. Joseph Chiefs fans excited
- Local Chiefs fans show support for team as they enter the playoffs
- Visitors Bureau wants Chiefs fans to Explore St. Joseph
- Chiefs fans travel far and wide to come to camp
- Free ride for Chiefs fans heading to Arrowhead Saturday
- Two new fans added to the Chiefs Kingdom