(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— The Kansas City Chiefs opened up their preseason with a decisive 38-17 victory against the Cincinnati Bengals.
Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes only played in the team's opening drive of the game— finishing 4-for-4 for 66 yards in the victory.
Kansas City fell behind 7-0 in the first quarter, but the first-string offense evened up the score on a Carlos Hyde goalline touchdown run.
Notable performances Saturday night includes rookie running back Darwin Thompson finishing with a score, along with fellow rookies wide receiver Mecole Hardman and former Northwest and Missouri Western running back Josh Caldwell adding in scores.
The Chiefs will travel to Pittsburgh next Saturday night for their second preseason game.
- Chiefs run past Cincinnati in preseason opener
- Chiefs 2018 Preseason Schedule Comes Out
- Northwest Runs Past Missouri Western
- Bearcat Men's Basketball Named Preseason No. 1
- Benton Lady Cardinals Run Past Notre Dame de Sion
- Lafayette Boys Top Mid-Buchanan, Benton Girls Runs Past Savannah
- Bars across Chiefs Nation prep for playoff run
- Large crowds turn out for Chiefs open practice
- Northwest Basketball Ranked No. 1 in NABC Preseason Poll
- Chiefs Schedule Released