(KANSAS CITY, Mo.)— For the first time, the AFC Championship game will be played at Arrowhead Stadium.
The Chiefs defeated the Indianapolis Colts, 31-13, Saturday afternoon in the AFC Divisional Round.
Kansas City jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead in the first quarter and led 24-7 at the half. The Chiefs added a late fourth-quarter score to put the game out of reach, 31-13.
The Chiefs were led by running back Damien Williams who rushed for 129 yards and a touchdown in the win.
Quarterback Patrick Mahomes went 27-for-41 with 278 yards.
The Chiefs will host the winner of Los Angeles/New England on Sunday, Jan. 20 at 5:40 p.m.
- Chiefs top Colts, advance to the AFC Championship game
- Bills Top Chiefs in Key AFC Showdown
- Chiefs beat Oakland, capture top-seed in AFC
- Chiefs begin preparations for Sunday's AFC Championship game against New England
- Chiefs season ticket holders wait 40 years for AFC Championship game
- Rally House ready to sell AFC Championship gear
- Old School v New School: Sunday's AFC Championship Game features changing of the guard
- One Last Gift: St. Joseph couple heads to AFC Championship game with a gift from grandmother
- Chiefs Handle the Raiders in Key AFC West Battle
- Chiefs Rout Chargers, Own Sole Possession of the AFC West