After 20 seasons at the helm, Chillicothe head football coach Phil Willard announced his retirement on Thursday afternoon.
During his tenure, the Hornets went 144-74, including a 13-1 finish in 2008 when his team went to the Class 3 State Semifinals.
It's been a journey for Willard, but for him, it was always about coaching kids at the same school he played at growing up.
"Just been a joy to work with a majority of our players, there are always times that you have difficult situations, but our players have been great, they have responded and worked hard," Willard said. "Even when we didn't have great records, our kids here work hard."
- Chillicothe Football Coach Phil Willard Retires
- Chillicothe Hosts Holiday Expo
- Chillicothe uproots historic church
- Sliced Bread Day in Chillicothe
- Flooding closes roadways near Chillicothe
- Longtime Highland track coach retires
- Central Football Coach Resigns
- Benton, Chillicothe Grab Conference Wins Thursday
- High Winds Cause Damage in Chillicothe
- 3 charged in Chillicothe railroad bridge fire