(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) For nearly 50 years, the St. Patrick's Catholic Church has hosted a Mexican Fiesta, a celebration of food, music and fun for the community. The festival is in its 49th year, returning to St. Joseph with games, performances and a hungry crowd.
The weekend-long event raises funds for the church but it is also one of the community's big summer get-togethers. Event organizers said families love the event because there is some thing for all ages.
“We're looking forward to the 50th year and we have some good, big things planned," said Fiesta Organizer Lisa Gann Rocha. “We're hoping that everyone will come back again.
The festival kicked off Friday and closed Saturday at 11 p.m.
- Church fiesta mixes fun and fundraising
- Church Cancellations
- Church Closings
- Children's Fair Combines Education with Fun
- Family Fun Day at Chiefs Camp Saturday
- Thousands take part in Family Fun Day
- Youngsters learn about the fun behind weather
- Coffee fundraiser benefits MERIL
- Rain & Snow Mix As We "Spring Forward"
- Mixed reaction to new Arrowhead tailgating policy