Circuit Court Judge Melissa Lawyer was defeated Tuesday in the primary election for the Division 1 seat in Buchanan County.
Buchanan County Assistant Prosecutor Kate Schaefer won the Republican primary with 55.6 percent of the vote.
Schaefer will face Democrat Arthur Peppard in the general election in November.
Lawyer was appointed to the seat last year by then Governor Eric Greitens after Judge Randall Jackson retired.
All precinctcs are reported.
- Circuit court judge defeated in primary
- Solon, Shields, Faulkner defeat primary challengers
- Race for Buchanan County Circuit Clerk Begins
- Luetkemeyer defeats Roberts in Republican primary for state Senate seat
- Election Officials Prep for Primaries
- St. Joseph Primary Election Results
- Primary voter turnout exceeds expectations
- St. Joseph Municipal Primary Election Final Results
- Wrong ballots cast in Kansas primary
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Against SJSD