(CLINTON COUNTY, Mo.) The Clinton County Sheriff's Department assisted the Missouri State Highway Patrol with a high speed pursuit that reached 125 mph on I-35.
According to a post on the department's Facebook page, deputies successfully deployed spikes along the highway to deflate the tires of a vehicle driven by a homicide suspect on the highway.
The suspect then crashed the vehicle and fled the scene on foot. After a brief standoff with authorities, he was taken into custody.
Abdon Ochoa-Villaneda is being identified as the suspect. He has warrants for first-degree murder and attempted first-degree murder with a five million dollar bond out of Illinois.
- Clinton County deputies assist with 125 mph car chase
- Meierhoffer's Funeral Home marks 125 years
- Clinton County deputies searching for missing 14-year-old girl
- Smart Car Technology Shuts Down Stolen Car During Police Chase
- Police: Drunk driver going 100 mph had two kids in car
- Suspected drunk driver accused of going 110 mph with three kids in car
- Man arrested after pointing gun at Livingston County Sheriff's deputy during foot chase
- Winston Woman Killed in Clinton County Crash
- Clinton County cuts into public safety budget
- Dick's Sporting Goods removes guns and ammo from 125 stores