(ST. JOSEPH, Mo.) Alexis Weidmaier is giving her young son something money can't buy.
Next month, Alexis will donate her kidney to her 2-year-old son Rowan, who is in need of a transplant due to kidney failure.
Alexis was nominated by her co-worker for KQ2's Pay it Forward award and recently surprised her with $500 cash.
"I love how Alexis is willing to give anything to anyone," co-worker Courtney Burton said. "She will give you the last dollar if she had it. I love how she is a great mom to her children."
See Alexis get surprised in the video above.
- Co-worker pays it forward to mother donating kidney to young son
- Best friend 'Pays it Forward' to mother of son born with multiple birth defects
- City increases pay for minimum wage workers
- Dog with failing kidneys receives miracle donation from one of her puppies
- The US is throwing away at least 3,500 donated kidneys every year, study finds
- Students rally behind teacher needing kidney transplant
- Maryville Community Pays it Forward After Man's Small Act of Kindness
- Pay it Forward: St. Joseph girl giving back to children in the community
- Police Confirm Toddler is in Protective Services After Mother Charged with Drowning Infant Son
- After mother loses her son to suicide, she starts a support group in St. Joseph